13 Intranet application for back end office system
Every company need a backend-office system, either SCM, ERP and others. You can build everything from scratch or start from something already exist to save your time. Here, I tried to provide list of site provide Intranet functions will good content.
- http://www.composite.net/ (ASP.NET Razor, Web Forms, MVC)
- http://www.bettercms.com/ (ASP.Net MVC platform)
- http://www.kentico.com/ (ASP.NET platform)
- http://www.lemoon.com/ (ASP.NET platform)
- https://www.mojoportal.com/ (ASP.NET, featuring Blogs, Forums, Event Calendar, Newsletter, Maps, ecommerce and more.)
- http://monox.mono-software.com/ (CMS and Social Networking Platform for ASP.NET)
- http://www.orchardproject.net/ (Orchard CMS is a free, open source content management system that allows users to rapidly create web sites on the Microsoft ASP.NET platform.)
- http://virtocommerce.com/ (Virto Commerce is based on .NET 4.5 with extensive use of MVC, IoC, EF, Azure and many other cutting edge technologies.)
- sharepoint online(Sharepoint)
If you're start building new system, want to flexiable to customize the site and possible to use any programming language, I highly recommand getPantheon.
- Use open source "OpenAtrium", contains basic login, security, role, media & content management.
- Fee to try it out.
- Contains development, as DEV, Test, Prod Enviroment.
- Deploy code via SFTP or Git
- Able to export Database and Files
- You don't need to hander WebServer.
If you have money, getPantheon could let your start really quick to create a admin. The programming language is PHP.
getPantheon's DEV, TEST, PROD enviroment.
orchardproject is good intranet too, using ASP.NET MVC.
There are just so many different of system out there you can use for your intranet system. I'm focus of comparing OpenAtrium, Sharepoint and Orchard.
|OpenAtrium||PHP, Apache||Just a source code provide lots modules, content management||
1. Good Looking UI.
2. Lots of features.
3. Greate Communite Support
4. PHP, largest language using at internet
5. Able to manage the application life cycle.
6. It's FREE
1. Need to setup everything for development. Deploy, Source Control, Different enviroment setup
2. Take time to deploy your time and manage the process.
3. Management File, Database
|Pantheon||PHP, Apache||Provide hosting OpenAtrium up to 3 site for free.
Use SFTP, git for development and deploy
Include provide, DEV, TEST, Production Enviroment
1. Everything Above
2. Deploy your code right now with DEV, TEST.PROD enviroment.
3. Have to pay but everything you need to develop your site is in it.
|1. Need to pay||very frexiable||need to pay if want to more features|
|Sharepoint2013||Microsoft||Social, Content Management, Workflow, sharing, WorkManagement and more||
1. Able to customize sharepoint
2. Choose your server
|1. You have to setup server for sharepoint||frexiable||linsence, could be expensive|
|Sharepoint2013Online||Microsoft||Social, Content Management, Workflow, sharing, WorkManagement and more||min $5 user/month, use sharepoint server online||not frexiable to customize||not very frexiable||min $5/user/month|
|Orchard1.8.0||C#, ASP.NET MVC||Content Management||similar with OpenAtrium, only thing need to learn is how to use orchard.||have to host your self||very frexiable||free, modules need to buy|