C# : how to return more then one result.
When make some function, you might need to return more than one result. There're few ways you can do that using C#.
- Return class. This works for different kind of type. For example, you can return int, string
- Return list of same type. This works if you return same type. For example, List.
- Return Tuple object.This also could return different kind of type.
1. Return class
definde a class. For example class Customer.
set value to the class, get the data.
2. Return list of same type data.
3. Use Tuple object to result different type of List values.
I think Tuple is nice class, sometime, you want to return multi type of value by calling one method, but you don't want to create a new entity class to get that result. For this case, Tuple is good.
However, if you want to passing that result to use at many place, you should ceate a entity class. So, one in using in single method == Tuple. use as shared class == create entity class or using Generic List, etc.